September 21, 2014 Important Links and Latest News
Our Alumni continue to positively impact the world
Read more about our graduates.
Teaching & Learning Information
The Teaching & Learning Department has developed a secion on the webpage to share activities happening throughout the year. Here is a link to Teaching and Learning Updates. Or, a document can be found on the Staff Portal. Questions? Please contact Dr. Joni Swanson.
How To Reach Us
The District Administration Building is located at 124 E. Lawrence Street, Mount Vernon, WA 98273. Our phone number is 360-428-6110. Special and Support Services is located at 920 S. Second Street, Mount Vernon, WA 98273. Their direct number is 360-428-6141. Transportation Services can be found at 2001 Cleveland Avenue, Mount Vernon, WA 98274 or by calling 360-428-6147. Food Service, Technology, and Maintenance share a building at 2101 Cleveland Avenue, Mount Vernon WA 98274. Their main number is 360-428-6145. You can also find information about each school by clicking on the Schools and Programs tab above, or find the addresses here. Thanks for visiting our site!
Math Adoption Committee
The Mount Vernon School District has formed a Math Adoption Committee to look at materials related to new curriculum for math in all grades. To follow their work, please check the information here. If you would like more information, contact Lori Knudson, Executive Director-Curriculum, at 360-428-6110.
Looking for information related to local events? This link has information that may be useful. Please note, the district does not sponsor these events and assumes no responsibility for the conduct or safety of the event/activity.
Watch this video to answers your questions regarding the 6th grade transition to middle school. Also find the latest teacher/student collaborative video. Learn about the exciting things happening in your schools by watching the many great videos on the District YouTube account. Check them out here on You Tube.
Mount Vernon School District Vision & Mission (adopted 8/15/2012)
For more information on goals, please go to Board of Directors page .
Our graduates are extraordinary people who embrace diversity. They are critical and inspired thinkers. They are passionate in pursuit of their goals and aspirations, and they are committed to their communities and to the betterment of society.
To expect, encourage, and facilitate the pursuit of excellence in our students, preparing them for a global environment in which life-long learning is critical to their success and happiness.
1. Early Learning. Ensure that every student completes kindergarten with the skills needed to be successful in their further education.
2. Quality Instruction. Students at all levels will develop the age-appropriate ability to:
- formulate, represent, and solve mathematical problems, and
- build content knowledge; respond to the varying demands of audience, task, purpose, and discipline; comprehend and critique; value evidence; and use technology strategically and capably in reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
3. Family Partnerships. Engage families to provide encouragement and support to students, ensuring that student needs are met and their educational opportunities are enhanced.
4. Creative Independence. Encourage and facilitate student independence, self‐motivation, perseverance, and creativity, preparing our graduates for continuing education, careers, and fulfilling lives.